Original topic:

Bluetooth Calls in Car Not Working After Update

(Topic created on: 01-22-2023 11:04 PM)
lightning4412
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello!

I have the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and I drive a 2017 Toyota Corolla CE.

After a background update on my phone, Bluetooth only plays music through my car and switches itself to the handset (earpiece) when I make a call using my car's phone system.

When I restart my phone in safe mode, the Bluetooth calls start working again, but otherwise, I can't get it to work at all, even when I reset my car radio system, reset my phone's network settings (deleted all of my Wi-Fi passwords and paired Bluetooth devices doing this), and even contacting Toyota.

It all ended up being my phone's Bluetooth.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Can we get an update for this, Samsung?

- Tanner
0 Likes
12 Comments
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
You won't get any help from Samsung here. Try calling their tech support.
0 Likes
lightning4412
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
They actually told me to post here
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Likely because Samsung's Chat Support is.. 🙄 

And Samsung Chat support knows that there's a few Members here, who know a lot more than they do. 

RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Doh!

I'd state that Samsung support use just terrible, but then I'd just yet again get another post deleted by them.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Which update, One UI V5.0 update, or a Monthly Security Patch Update? 

In either case, if it was working properly before the update, I would start with Booting into Recovery & Wiping Cache. 

It may fix the issue.. 

However if the issue started after the One UI V5.0 Update, if it was my device, I'd backup with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. 

Instructions for Both are below:

Power of your device & Wait a few seconds.

Press & HOLD the Power + Volume UP buttons, until you feel the device vibrate. Release BOTH buttons & wait a couple of seconds until you see the Recovery Menu.

Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache & Select with the Power button.

Wait a few seconds until the Recovery Menu Defaults to "Restart Now" & Select with the Power Button. 

Your device will Reboot.

Factory Reset is the same as above, but instead of Selecting Wipe Cache, you Select Wipe Data Factory Reset. 

⚠️⚠️⚠️

BEFORE you Factory Reset, BACKUP your device with Smart Switch. 

When your device Boots up, it will be to the Welcome screen, same as when you first received your device as new.

⚠️You'll need to know your passwords etc, So write them down if you need to⚠️

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi lightning4412, we appreciate your efforts in performing all the necessary troubleshooting steps.

As you have mentioned the issue is started after the update, we recommend you to perform the steps by RedDogRabbit to boot the device into Wipe cache partition.

If that doesn't work and the issue still persists, then please perform back up and factory reset the device.

Please visit the given links below and follow the steps:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/how-to-transfer-and-backup-data-using-smart-switch...

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-perform-a-factory-reset/

0 Likes
lightning4412
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Apparently, my phone automatically marked my car as "other" in the Bluetooth audio device type section that is apparently new, and THAT is what broke all the calling in my car.

Please fix this for other people who don't know what's happening, please!Screenshot_20230122_230119_Settings_1000015875_1674457280.png
0 Likes
lightning4412
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Everytime I unpair my car (delete) on my phone, it defaults back to "other," so there are definitely some people in the world right now that are having this issue and think their phone or car is broken.
0 Likes
lightning4412
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I literally just flipped this option to "speaker" from the default setting "other," and everything is completely normal now.Screenshot_20230122_230119_Settings_1000015875_1674457280.png
0 Likes