Original topic:

can not move apps

(Topic created on: 07-20-2020 04:38 PM)
smiley22
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Since the last upgrade on galaxy S10 I am unable to move my apps around only on the home screen. Every time I move the app it comes right back to the spot it was. I've checked my settings and find nothing that is locked
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi smiley22,

Please try this:

Settings→ Display →Home Screen

Make sure Lock Home Screen layout is disable.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi smiley22,

Thanks, Tallman for providing the information.
Please follow the steps provided by Tallman and get back to us with the results if you need any further assistance.

0 Likes
smiley22
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
thanks but it isn't the home screen that is the issue. it is the apps that are available when u swipe up to access them all. I am able to move home screen apps
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi smiley22,

Please follow the below steps to sort the apps in your phone.

1. Head into your apps tray and tap on the three dots( in the top right corner).

2. Tap on Sort

3. Choose between Custom order and Alphabetical order to sort your apps

4. Then move the apps from one position to another.

0 Likes
aidee2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same problem, and none of the suggestions listed on here have worked.

Please someone HELP, it is driving me crazy. I've even done a factory reset to no avail

0 Likes
smiley22
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
that is what I was looking for. thank you very much. problem solved
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi  smiley22 

You are welcome. Please click on "Accept as solution" to help other Samsung community members with the same query.

0 Likes
Rebekka
Options
Galaxy S

Hey smiley22,
That's good to hear that your issue resolved. Please reach out to us anytime if you have any issues with the device.

0 Likes
PatDart
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Update: go to the app page, touch the three dots in the top right corner and sort alphabetically, then select the three dots again and sort by custom order. This should fix it.

This only recently became an issue for me. I mentioned it to my wife and apparently it has been frustrating her for some time too. Tried everything suggested here, nothing fixed it but i found a workaround. You can go to the folder you want to add it to, inside the folder push the (+) symbol, type part of the apps name into search to find it, and pick it from the list to add it.

To re-explain the issue: users have apps on the 'app page' (swipe down from the home screen) that they can't move across the app pages because any attempt to move them takes them to the 'home screen' instead, where they are unable to move back down to the app screen.

0 Likes