Options
Galaxy S
Hacked and they haven't done anything for over a year
0 Likes
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

The S23 Ultra, is possibly the best phone made. 

Samsung isn't responsible, for the personal browsing choices you make. 

What makes you think that you were hacked? 

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Shouldn't be telling people not to buy the S23 Ultra, especially when it's one of, if not the best phone made by Samsung. If you've been "hacked" just factory reset and change all your account passwords. Definitely not the phone or Samsung's fault
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, that's correct! As said by our Samsung community members, if you think your phone has been hacked, the very first thing you should do is perform a factory data reset. This will clear all of your personal data off of your phone and kick out the hacker.

Once the phone has been reset, you should change the password for your Samsung and Google account, along with any other account you had on the phone, like bank accounts, etc. If any of your accounts have security questions, changing them may be a good idea. On top of this, you should turn on two-step verification for any accounts that have this option, including your Samsung account.

After you have done the initial setup on your phone, keep these steps in mind, so your phone does not get hacked again:

• Create a lock screen for your phone, so no one will be able to unlock it even if they get their hands on it. You can also add biometric security features like fingerprint scans or facial recognition for an extra layer of protection.

• Keep your phone updated with the latest software and operating system. Security patches are frequently installed during updates.

• Only download apps from the Galaxy Store or Play Store. Apps from other sources could be filled with viruses or other ways for a hacker to access your phone.

• After you install a new app, you will be prompted to allow or deny certain permissions. Tap Allow or Deny depending on the app. If an app seems fishy or suspicious, do not grant it access to any permissions.

• In fact, if an app seems suspicious or causes ads to appear on your phone, you should uninstall it right away.

• Even if you are on a trustworthy website, there can be an onslaught of unsafe ads. Turn on Ad blockers in Samsung Internet to prevent these ads from appearing.

• If you accidentally went to a shady site before downloading an Ad blocker, the site may have downloaded harmful cookies or other data onto your phone. Make sure to clear your browsing history every once in a while. If an email seems like a scam, it probably is. Never click any suspicious links because they could give a hacker direct access to your phone.
0 Likes
Brandonbanjo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I really really have to say that I love my S23 Ultra... I live in a place where we get winter 8 months out of the year... I lost it first snow fall and could not find it... I found it 2 days ago, plugged it in and it turned on right away... BEST PHONE EVER.