Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra Update ANDROID 13 UI 5.0 Problem

(Topic created on: 11-28-2022 07:19 PM)
Assyrian
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Updated my Galaxy S22 ultra to the latest software, and let me tell you, IT IS HORRIBLE!.
DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PHONES UNTIL THE ISSUE IS FIXED! 
I contacted Samsung support, and I was told to backup the phone and do a factory reset. Which I did after I got home.
I factory reset my phone and it still didn't help.
After the update, my phone gotten very slow and even when trying to send a text message, the keyboard was getting very laggy until the entire phone freezes. 
Tried all the other and was getting the same problem. 
Ended up smashing the device.
Unfortunately, Samsung devices keep getting worse. 
17 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

"Ended up smashing the device." 🤔

Good to see that you remained in control... 

Assyrian
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Today, we rely on our phones to plan alot of our work schedules.
That's why they're called "Smart phones", and that's why we spend alot of our hard earned money to buy the latest phones that has sophisticated Speed and Camera ETC...
So when you turned that sophisticated phone On. You expect it to do what it's made to do. "Run the needed apps".
And when you're in the middle of work and trying to get going with your schedule. You can't afford slow down and unexpected lags on your phone. Especially when you paid the top dollar for your device.
It's a very frustrating, and I'm sure alot of people understand what I'm exactly talking about.
The phone was running just fine before the update, and after the update, this Ultra device felt like Galaxy s2.
I hope you understand the disappointment I felt at that time.

By the way... I'm sending the device for service tomorrow to get fixed and give it to my little brother.
Most likely will be moving to iPhone. At least I know I have to buy a new phone every year knowing it will work just fine for that single year.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Absolutely I would be extremely annoyed, if my device was not performing as I expected it to. 

I have had Samsung devices since November 2011, and up until April 2017, every device I had was Rooted, since the S7 was the last Canadian Samsung device that could be easily Rooted.

Since 2011, I have had just about every new Samsung device, & I only ever had one that had a hardware issue, and that was several years after it's release (I tend to keep most of my old phones). 

If your S22 Ultra is performing as you say, unless it's a hardware issue, then there should be more than one way to correct it.

Samsung DOES make exceptional hardware, but it is possible that you just were unlucky to get one with some issues.

I don't know if switching over to Apple is a solution, have a look at some of the comments on iPhone communities, they are far from perfect. 

I hope that after your visit to a Samsung Service center, your issues will be resolved. 

Honestly, the ONLY reason I continue to purchase Samsung devices, is for the hardware, it's certainly not for the support, which fortunately I have never had to rely on. 

Assyrian
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Same thing here brother.
I've been buying Samsung devices since 2012. My first Samsung phone was Galaxy S2.
But honestly lost hope with Samsung after Galaxy S8, and after the Galaxy S10. I totally gave up.
Samsung use to make wonderful devices and always had it's own great finish.
But nothing lasts forever I guess.
Alex1372
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
To late I did up date already and is horrible 😕 say media stop working pop up every 3 min it sooo annoying
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Im quite surprised about your experience with the update. I have the S22 Ultra running Android 13 One UI 5.0 and im quite enjoying the update. It has made a great phone even better , in my case anyway.
JustThinking
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
So is the case with me. I have felt a significant difference in performance and I'm enjoying the smoothness and optimization of the software.
I feel sorry for your experience. Samsung support should be able to help you.
You may try running diagnostic a few times that might help.
Still seek support they might be able to help.
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we realize that you have been greatly inconvenienced by the software update.

As you have tried everything and decided to get the device examined by the service technician, please visit the link to know the nearest Samsung authorized service center. 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

We hope that your issue will resolve soon and we sincerely apologize for the discomfort.

0 Likes
Alex1372
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I got same issues on my S22 ultra as you. What I did I installed smart tutor and call to the number in the app and person guide me what to do and actually control my phone running diagnostic couple time and fixing the issues. Now everything is wonderful.
Definitely technical support for 100% satisfied.