Original topic:

Multiple S22+ Issues / Update issues?

(Topic created on: 12-18-2022 10:36 AM)
esor
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I am an experienced Samsung user... very familiar with the settings and how to locate settings etc.
However, I recently switched to an S22+ and also did the update...

A few things I've noticed since the change that I didn't experience on my 20+

I am numbering so if you can help, respond with the number

1) my texts (specifically MMS) are not delivering while on WIFI or on Data. They get stuck and go Undelivered - even some texts without MMS
---I have reset my Network settings 
--- I have checked my network settings for my provider 

2) my touch screen glitches - even typing this, the screen is jumping all over the place. I have a screen protector on and have the settings in place to acknowledge that I have a screen protector. No drops, no water damage, no dust under the protector.

3) my sounds - even with my Alerts on volume, the alerts don't play out loud. This isn't every day, just random. 

4) how do I turn off the notification each time I reboot there's a notification that says "Open Secure Folder for notifications" - I have tried to find the System App Notification to disable it but cannot locate it. I also have all notifications turned off within the Secure Folder. I don't really use my Secure so I find this annoying to make the notification go away, I have to open the Secure and do nothing. 

5) When I did the restore, my "Notes" contents are duplicated. I don't know why, can I delete the duplication without losing both? Anyone experiencing this glitch in their restore? 

I have owned this phone for 1 week. I've given it time to get used to my patterns, I've done my best with my knowledge but any suggestions welcomed. 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
12 Comments
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Have you tried to do a wipe cache partition ?
For you 4th issue, it seems that (for those who receive it) you can't disable it unless you disable secure folder
(Screenshot from samsung members US)Screenshot_20221127_191942_Samsung Internet_1000001469_1669600484.jpg
esor
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hi, yes... I've tried the Cache partition. It's frustrating to see all these issues on the new device I've chosen. The SECURE notification drives me absolutely nuts. I dislike notifications on my screen and have many of them disabled. This "added security" is bananas to me. Especially since it shows there's a Secure Folder. Thank you for the reply and details about #4
bicc_knowlocc
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Following this topic as all of these issues, plus many more, have been plaguing me on my s22 Ultra also. The Secure folder one is stupidly annoying. As well I get a notification every 10 min or so that says choose input method. I choose samsung keyboard and it goes away only to reappear shortly after. This one is driving me insane. I, like you, have tried everything, including factory reset and fiddling around with settings, to no avail. I hope someone smarter than me on here can come up with a solution cuz it's making me really wanna go back to my pixel 6 pro.
esor
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I've cleared my cache again this morning and re-figured some settings. I am hoping that helps. The Secure Folder notification won't ever go away according to post below... but I discovered how to silence it at least. I think its the Update at this point so hopefully some Bug Fixes will be out soon
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

There is supposed to be an update coming for the S22 line of devices on Tuesday that hopefully will help with your problems

I have the S22 and am not seeing any problems at all since the update to One UI 5

esor
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thank you
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we apologize to hear the issues on your new Galaxy S22+. As you have already performed Wipe cache partition, try to use your device in safe mode and check if it is showing the same issue.

To enter Safe Mode, please perform the following:

1.First, completely power off the phone.

2. Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume down key.

3.If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.

4.Once you are in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.

5.To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

Even after performing the above steps, if the issue persists again then please perform backup and factory reset by following the steps in the given links.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/how-to-transfer-and-backup-data-using-smart-switch...

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-perform-a-factory-reset/

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Safe Mode is likely to be an utter waste of time for the questions asked by the OP. 

1.  MMS always requires Cell Data with Canadian Carriers. If you're using Samsung's Messages, Switch to Google Messages & test. 
  2. Not all screen protectors are created equally. If you're using one that only has adhesive along the edges, then that's likely to be a problem, same with screen protectors that are textured. I use Whitestone Dome Tempered Glass screen protectors & never had any issues. 

But you can open the Samsung Members app & Click on Support > Diagnostics > View Tests & run the Diagnostics for the Touch Screen. See if you get any error messages for the Touch Screen?

If I think of something for the remaining questions, I'll edit this post. 

esor
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hi, thanks for the reply. I was skeptical of the safe mode myself. This obviously a network issue... and the Bluetooth was failing but I solved that. My screen protector has adhesive around it and it seems to work some days and other days all scattered like I'm not in control of my keyboard.
I've run all diagnostics a few times and it reports all is good.
I really don't want to do a Factory Reset because what if I lose important things.
0 Likes