Original topic:

my phone is dialing by itself

(Topic created on: 12-31-2020 10:47 AM)
David284
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi there,
Although I'm not completelly sure if my phone is dialing people or it's a network issue .... but either way I have calls from people which say I called them, which I didn't. This issue is happened to me as well. Some people are calling me and when I call them back. They say they never called me! 

How my number appears in their phone when I didn't call them???? 

I think something is happening in the background and is related to the new updates.even when I don't use my phone .... still receiving these calls. 

I think it's a new way of hacking people
Please advise what should i do? 
0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy S

Hi David284,

First of all, couple questions that want to ask. Do you have lock screen setup? Do you have password protected on lock screen? Do you have Always On Display enable?

If you have done software update recently, I recommend you boot into Recovery mode and do a Wipe Cache Partition. If you don't know how to get into Recovery mode, please tell us which device you are using and I can provide you step by step guide.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
This happened to me as well a couple of days ago. I got a return call from a caller saying I called him when I actually did not.
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Do you have a call logged under Recent Tab in Phone app? 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
No. After making the calls I delete them from the Recent Tab just in case I accidentally re-dial one of them.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
A new phone scam technique? 🤔 Anyway, no call history, but phone dial itself out sounds wierd. I wonder could this be carrier problem? Also, now scammer can change the caller ID information, could be someone use your number to show on caller ID?

Like you said, if your phone has dial out, you will have history and you delete it right away. If you have no history, the call might not go out from your phone.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I agree. When the callers number shows up on my phone, his number is sometimes very close to mine by being off one digit
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi David284,
Please provide us the model number of your phone which can be found under phone settings so that we will share with you the wipe cache partition of the device as mentioned by Tallman.
Go to Settings> About the phone> Model number.

0 Likes
kaamaraj
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
My Samsung A50 automatically exposes Samsung pass
0 Likes
justthejudehere
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
your hey Google will dial if something sounds similar to the name it called
0 Likes