Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Phone keeps refreshing

(Topic created on: 12-30-2021 12:18 PM)
Members_xXAODGK
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

My Galaxy S10 refreshes all the time. I do not use Bixby, I have tried turning background process limit to everything including none, I also went to background check and moved all to not allowed. When I have a video paused it will refresh and start it, when I'm typing and it refreshes it often wipes out what I had typed. I didn't notice this issue coinciding with an app install.  Help! It drives me crazy!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

I am not seeing any problems like that on my S10

I am wondering if it might be caused by an app you have installed

You could try booting into safe mode and see if it still does this

View solution in context

16 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What exactly do you mean by "refreshing", Rebooting?

Generally speaking, there's no reason for going into Developer Options, unless you are doing something specific. Making random changes isn't a good idea. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Not rebooting. Just refreshing. The screen flickers and refreshes (I'm sorry, I really am trying to thinking a different word). When it does so. If I'm typing it wipes out what I wrote to a blank box. If I'm on tik tok with a paused video, the video restarts, if I'm on YouTube the screen flashes. If I'm online it's like I pulled it frown and refreshed it. I know I don't need to be in developer options, but after a month and a half of this bs, I'm at the end of my rope and tried whatever I could find to try (seeing if it was a specific app screwing it up). It's gone through a system upgrade and still doing it

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, if it's still happening in Safe Mode, & you can't figure out what's causing it.. if it was my device, I'd backup with Smart Switch & Factory Reset.. 

If you decide to do this, test after the Factory Reset BUT BEFORE you restore anything.

Trying to rule out if there's a hardware issue that's causing this? 

Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I totally agree that if you can't isolate the problem in safe mode Factory Reset and try before restore is next step
0 Likes
Solution
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

I am not seeing any problems like that on my S10

I am wondering if it might be caused by an app you have installed

You could try booting into safe mode and see if it still does this

Galaxy S

Thank you! Didn't know that was a thing. Put it in safe mode and aggressively deleted apps that were grayed out. Not sure which one it was, I suspect "Shop" that tracks shipments. Seems to be fixed. :) today is a good day:) thanks again!

Galaxy S

Spoke too soon. Just tried to send a FB message and it just did it to me again. 

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I still think it is caused by some app installed
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Did you try typing a message while in safe mode to see if it happens
0 Likes