Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Unlocked S10e from US not receiving OTA updates in Canada

(Topic created on: 05-21-2022 01:29 PM)
Riffamortis
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

I purchased an unlocked S10e from Best Buy in Canada and it ended up being a US version of the phone (Samsung support says it's originally from AT&T). It currently has One UI 3.1, Android 11, and the December 1, 2021 patch - all of which appear to be outdated - but attempting a software update on the phone says the software is up to date and Smart Switch also says there's no update.

I've spoken to 8 or 9 Samsung agents but none of them have been able to provide a solution and my local Samsung store said they "won't even touch" my phone because it's from the US. I know people will say to flash the new firmware with Odin, but I'm using a mac and Odin seems to be Windows-only. Is there any way for me to get updates on my phone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Flashing your device with Odin will ABSOLUTELY work! 

When I had my S10+ I was Flashing the US Betas on my Canadian S10+

If there's a One UI version update available for your device (Canadian or US) It will work 100%!!!

The only difference between Flashing the Canadian Firmware & the US Firmware is which version of Odin you need to use.

To Flash the US Firmware on your US device, you just need the regular version of Odin.

If you want to Flash the Canadian Firmware on your US device, then you have to use Patched Odin.

The process is identical for both. 

Download the latest correct firmware to your computer. 

Download the the appropriate version of Odin to your computer.

Download Samsung's USB Drivers to your computer. 

Extract the files from the downloaded Firmware & then Open Odin.

Put the BL file in the BL slot in Odin.

Power Off your device & Boot into Download Mode & connect to your computer.

Click on "Start" in Odin & wait for the green "pass" to appear in the box in Odin on your computer screen.

Repeat for:

CP

AP

CSC

You'll likely be FORCED to Factory Reset. 

So have a recent backup of your device. 

View solution in context

48 Comments
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

Hey dude! Sorry my guy, I know nothing about flash with Odin. What even is Odin? That's the mystery I'm currently facing. Are there flash Odin experts here? Hello?

0 Likes
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

Wow, thank you for telling me! This is just so complicated, I don't understand a thing! I should go do more research or I could mess up somewhere for someone, and then someone else will need to come around to fix what I just did, so what's the point right? Man, so comlicated!

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
What is your CSC code on your device?
0 Likes
Riffamortis
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

XAA/XAA/ATT

0 Likes
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

See? I don't understand a thing. What's that supposed to mean? I have no idea. So much to learn!

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Model of your device sm-g970u1?
Your Mac is silicon or Intel?
0 Likes
Riffamortis
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

SM-G970U

Intel

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Intel that is easy.
Search on Google boot camp(official software from apple) then follow instruction. Grab iso file from Microsoft site ( install windows 10 or 11). Follow instructions and when it prompt a product key. Just ignore and continues. Good to go. That is all I can help you that.