Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Wifi Connected on Some Devices but not on Others In Same Room...

(Topic created on: 10-01-2022 04:20 AM)
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
In my household there are 4 different devices. A Samsung S22, a Samsung S21, a Samsung S20 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite. We even have an Asus Laptop with Windows 11. With all these devices right beside eachother, some will connect to the wifi, while others will only connect with no internet. Ive tried changing the MAC address type from Randomized to Phone or Tablet and there are still issues. How is it 4 Samsung Devices side by side won't all be connected to the wifi? The S22 and S21 usually always connect fine. But the S20 is off and on, the A7 Lite Tablet rarely connects (always connected without internet) and even the Asus Laptop will say it's connected to wifi but the internet browsers say there isn't any Internet connection. We have a wifi extender. Is it the devices themselves? Is it the internet provider? Is it the extender? Makes no sense to me. Thanks for your help in advance!!
15 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

You should check that all devices are connecting to your internet extender if that is what is at the location where all of your devices are located.

Unless you specify they connect to your extender which should have a different name from your normal Wifi from that of your router they might not be connecting to the extender.

I can confirm that extenders can help but could maybe not apply to all that you can buy

Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we request you to follow the steps given by the Tallman.

Try remove Wifi extender from your network.

All the devices should be close to your wireless router.

Please get back to us, if the issue persist again.

We are here to help you.

Thank you, Tallman

Galaxy S
Definitely sounds like the wifi extender is causing the issue. I've never had any luck with a wifi extender instead of used an Ubiquitti Access Point. But nonetheless, I'm sure it's not the devices itself. Easy way to confirm this is take all 4 devices to a Starbucks or McDonald's and connect them to the public wifi
They should all connect without any issues.
Same thing as @Tallman advised. Remove the extender and have all 4 devices side by side next to the router and they should all connect.
0 Likes
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
So I'm now trying to connect to my boyfriends hotspot, and all devices are saying connected without internet as well. He has the available data. Why can't any of these devices connect to anything?
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

You could try going to Settings, Connections, WiFi, and on your internet connection look to the right for a gear icon. 

Select the gear icon and you might have to select view more down below Manage Router which should bring up a screen saying Ip settings at the top.

I think you will find that the devices that are connecting will have DHCP selected and the ones that are not getting internet possibly will have static selected. Try changing to DHCP on the devices not getting internet and see if it might help

0 Likes
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Okay I'll try that and get back to you, thank you
0 Likes