Original topic:

Z Flip 5 Warranty void

(Topic created on: 10-28-2023 06:02 PM)
OliverDuplessis
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
Hello. I was wondering... what voids the warranty of a Z Flip 5? I know scratches on the hinge will void the warranty but I wanna know if scratches, deep or small, on the back glass (not the screen) will void it too.
5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Samsung has a reputation for denying warranty for these two things:

• Any Physical Damage. 
  • Any Signs of Moisture. 

Doesn't seem to matter if the physical damage, or moisture has anything to do with the actual issue. ie: SIM tray that is cracked, but there are signs of moisture, or there is a small nick on the case of the phone, at the furthest possible place on the phone. 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, Samsung provide 12 months of manufacturer warranty and the device must be purchased from a Samsung authorized Canadian retailer.

The device must be within 1 year from the date of purchase.

The device must not have any physical/liquid damage/software modification for it to be covered by the Samsung 1 year limited parts and labor manufacturer’s warranty.

0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 9
Galaxy Z
THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE!
if ANY physical damage or the imoact of phys8cal damage by g force sensors (made public to the end user in diagnostics) is in NO WAY affecting the issue being reported then warranty SHOULD cover the manufacturer defect. Simple!

Time to check consumers protection act vs Samsung's warranty stance.

Samsung you NEED to do better by your outstanding customers and liyal consumers!!
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
Yea but what do they consider physical damage??? Cosmetic physical damage is unavoidable and is just part of having a smart phone...
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, we would like to inform you that all this will be checked by our service technician and let you know, if it is not physical damage, it will be covered by the warranty, if it is physical damage, it will be a paid service.

0 Likes