Original topic:

Ask An Expert 4 - General Questions Thread!

(Topic created on: 12-19-2019 01:57 PM)
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members,

This is a reminder for the upcoming Ask an Expert event, happing RIGHT NOW! For those who are not familiar with this, the Ask an Expert is a time where any community members can submit questions and have a live response from experts! This time, there's no theme to this event - if you have ANY questions related to Samsung Products and services, bring them tomorrow and we can give an answer!

The event begins at 4PM EST sharp - and ends at 5PM EST. 

All the remainding questions from after the event will not be answered live. Instead, it will be answered later.

Format:

• Please post one question as a “Comment” in this discussion thread
  • The moderator will use the ‘reply’ function in the comment to your answer question based on the Expert panels’ input
  • Only one reply per comment will be made during the event – if there are follow up questions please send them to the Moderator afterwards and we will ensure you get more info!

Some suggestions to keep things moving:

• Please allow a moment or two for your comment (question) to be replied to – we may need to leverage the knowledge of one or two people in the room to create a clear and accurate reply
  • Please do not flood the forum with multiple comments (questions) – let’s give every Member a chance to ask – per above, we will be happy to continue replying during the days following the  event
  • Please follow our community guidelines at all times

For now, the thread is now CLOSED.

155 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I wanted to know about software updates. We can see that some devices had their support dropped here while they still get updates overseas (the A5, S5 Note4, S6 and S7 comes to mind, which all got longer updates in all other regions). Oddly, Tablets are not concerned by this (like how tablets have unlocked bootloaders unlike phones, which makes buying tablets more compelling than phones). So what is this about?

Also thanks for finally putting the Mobile Data toggle in Q! I hope the Mobile Hotspot will be added too.
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Others
Not sure if you guys would know, but is there any chance for phones getting more than two major updates? Will Project Treble make a difference? The S9 was the first Samsung to have Project Treble, so will it get more than two major Android updates?
SamsungSteve
Community Manager
Options
Others

Good afternoon Yoshisaur9, 

Samsung Gobally supports 2 major releases on a Flagship/S series device. We cotninue to support the SMRs and QMRs for 2 additional years beyond the major OS. In total software support for a flagship model is 4 years. 

Options
Others

Hi everyone,

As today is relatively quiet, we'll close the thread for now. If you do have any more questions however, feel free to post it here - and we can get back to you on that(like last time)

We'll see everyone later!:)

Jeremy

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I got a notification that my question was replied to but I don't see it. Strange...
Kaliemera
Beginner Level 2
Others

I have the Samsung Note 10+, and it's now possessed by Bixby.  It continually speaks.  How do I disable this feature?  Help please!

Others
Go into bixby settings and turn off anything relating to conversation continuing, voice wake up, if that doesn't work you are likely accidentally pressing the Bixby key which is uniquely sensitive when compared to the other buttons and you won't even notice you pressed it most of the time. If being more mindful of whether you are pressing the button or not doesn't work, then the button might be jammed or something.
0 Likes
Bwright15969
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi I just got a new Samsung s pen  for my not 9 because the other one  snapped in half 

But I can't get it to connect,  anyone know why?

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
These are the steps,
It might need to sit in your phone for awhile 1st bc I got an extra spen too but it wasn't charged 🤦♂️
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-connect-the-s-pen-via-bluetooth/
0 Likes
PanaG
Active Level 1
Others
I have the s10. Is there a way to make the light flash for notifications and keep it flashing until we read the message?