Original topic:

In case you wonder

(Topic created on: 02-03-2019 09:10 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
No, there's no Pie yet for ANY CSC AT ALL. Checked manually. That means there's no Pie for any carrier at all, including for unlocked models.

Go to sleep and hopefully when you wake up the update will be there. Otherwise, thanks Rogers, Fido and Bell for the fake dates.

(There's not even the Note8 Jan patch either. So I believe they just didn't begin to rollout anything)
19 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Nundo ..
"The software is release by Samsung and not by the Carriers contrary to some messages that have been posted and when it is released it is done so in batches across all carriers at the same time."

https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA/search_post?categoryId=1&postId=302471

My sources are as clean as possible

Carrier releasing updates is a myth taken from the States, from when you had 20 different model numbers for each US carrier.
TeaDoh
Active Level 5
Others
S7 oreo for Bell was also released 2 weeks before the pronounced date
0 Likes
MattMazz
Active Level 2
Others
I must say CHMultimedia I've been on this forum for quite a while and dude I just wanna say you play a big role on this forum and it's quite impressive to see your knowledge on all these things. Keep it up man
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Thank you for appreciating my commitment to this forum
Nundo
Active Level 4
Others
@Geico - I think that's what people forget. When phones are Carrier based, the carriers have a HUGE say when it comes to Software updates and which way they are rolled out. Unfortunately it's not just based on Bloatware, it's based on how it performs on their network ... I swear once upon a time majority of OEM's had charts explaining the Software update process lol
Nemo54
Beginner Level 3
Others
I asked both Samsung and Virgin Mobile today, and Samsung replied that Pie isn't available yet in Canada and Virgin said they're not responsible for pushing any updates.
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Others
I like turtle
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
to be honest i'm not surprised at the update didn't come as advertised.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Others
yea me neither. probably tomorrow....
0 Likes
miinan
Active Level 6
Others
pie in the face? 😮 Lol.. hope we get the update soon,,
0 Likes