Original topic:

Wi-Fi6 Info.

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 11:38 PM)
Techpro
Active Level 4
Options
Others
Hi all, this article gives you info about the WiFi6.Wi-Fi 6 is the next-generation wireless standard that’s faster than 802.11ac. More than speed, it will provide better performance in congested areas, from stadiums to your own device-packed home. It’s coming in 2019.

👉Longer Battery Life: A  new “target wake time” (TWT) feature means your smartphone, laptop, and other Wi-Fi-enabled devices should have longer battery life, too.

When the access point is talking to a device (like your smartphone), it can tell the device exactly when to put its Wi-Fi radio to sleep and exactly when to wake it up to receive the next transmission. This will conserve power, as it means the Wi-Fi radio can spend more time in sleep mode. And that means longer battery life.

-BETTER Performance in crowded areas:👇

.👉 Wi-Fi tends to get bogged down when you’re in a crowded place with a lot of Wi-FI enabled devices. Picture a busy stadium, airport, hotel, mall, or even a crowded office with everyone connected to Wi-Fi. You’re probably going to have slow Wi-Fi. 

The new Wi-Fi 6, also known as 802.11ax, incorporates many new technologies to help with this. Intel trumpets that Wi-Fi 6 will improve each user’s average speed by “at least four times” in congested areas with a lot of connected devices. 

-Note that:This wouldn’t just apply to busy public places. It could apply to you at home if you have a lot of devices connected to Wi-Fi, or if you live in a dense apartment complex 

Armin.N/@Techpro

0 Likes
10 Comments
Baspi
Active Level 5
Others
thank you for the information, I would've never known about wifi 6 without you
Geico
Active Level 8
Others
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Techpro
Active Level 4
Others
No problem glad to help!
0 Likes
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Others
🤦‍♀️
Others
Remember, make sure your device support 802.11 ax (WiFi6) before replace or change your router to WiFi6 router Otherwise, still running slow speed. In other words, both router and devices need to be support WiFi6 in order to get the max speed.
0 Likes
Pupusik
Active Level 7
Others
Hi. You are only as fast as the slowest link in the chain. In Canada we can get up to 1Gbps Internet speeds. 802.11ac routers with the top end 1.3Gbps speeds can be found at great prices.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Others
Users with a large amount of connected devices should still realize some benefit in the way that WIFI6 routers manage a high load of connections.

@pupusik- I dont think it's so much about theoretical limits, as opposed to a boost in speeds in extended ranges

This is why I was asking on the other thread if anyone actually has one, so they can share their experience.

I dont think anyone on this forum has one
MystTake
Active Level 6
Others
@Fatwa WIFI6 routers only benefit devices that support wifi6 wouldnt they(?) most households use wifi5 devices or older as WIFI6 is not that mainstream yet. I've considered getting a WIFI6 router this year however I made the decision not to and wait for next year as its pricey at the moment and only my note10+ supports it where as my laptop and other devices dont
0 Likes
Others
@MystTake - I am having the same situation like you, only my Note10+ support WiFi6, all other devices are not support WiFi6. So I am not going to replace my router this year. 🙂
Unless my router is malfunction...
0 Likes