Original topic:

Unable to reset password to secure folder

(Topic created on: 04-07-2023 06:54 PM)
Alex1515
Beginner Level 2
Options
Secure Folder
I have forgotten the password I set to my secure folder. When I attept to enter a password to reset my password, there should be a tab to reset my password, but there is not. How do I gain access to my secure folder. I do not care about the current contents of the folder, but I do need to reset or recover my password access it.
SallyDanger
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder
You probably meant to include a screen grab, but I think I know what you're talking about. When I googled the problem, I saw a screen similar to mine, but it said forgot password. Mine doesn't 😞
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder

Try this:

Settings > Apps >  Search for "secure folder" Scroll down to Storage & Clear BOTH Cache & Data for the Secure Folder.

⚠️You'll likely lose everything that is in your Secure Folder ⚠️

MohELHADI
Beginner Level 5
Secure Folder

U said that u loose every data so what’s the solution I think Samsung must provide an update to the secure folder to solve this

0 Likes
engalemad
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

Hi,

we applied above steps but still not showing "FORGOT PASSWORD "  and  it says "try again in 10, 30 and 60 minutes"

Please your advice!

Secure Folder

Same is happening to me. Tried everything, including what Samsung's website itself suggests as step-by-step. They just keep customers in the dark, probably to avoid getting sued over a feature that is absolutely and fundamentally flawed. 

Panchopan
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

Is there a working solution on this issue? Now I have a constant notification that require to enter Secured Folder but I can't!

0 Likes
SeumasWooj
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder
I am in the same boat. Have found no way to fix it. I a completely locked out of my secure fomlder with no way to reset password
Bytheby
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

This same thing happened to me. No option to reset password showed up. When I clicked 'cancel' instead of 'ok' it brought up a message saying something like 'do you want to delete restored data?' So after trying for hours to get in,I eventually just clicked Yes to this message and then it logged me in! I don't know if this will happen in all cases, but I thought it was worth sharing for anyone new reading this thread where deleting cache etc had no effect 

0 Likes
Jeevangeorge
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

just go to setting, in that find secure folder app and clear all cache and data in setting ,then Just go the secure folder type password what ever u remember, once you finish it shows wrong password and time to wait below that it will show a dialogue to uninstall, just do that and later you just install back and once you install you can start over with new password or pattern

0 Likes
Azeazel
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

Can't understand how Samsung don't even know that secure folder DOE'S NOT have a "FORGOT PASSWORD" option, I have been trying to delete the secure folder for the last week but it won't let me without a password. I have forgotten the password and im up to 60 minute wait. We don't need a reset password for the samsung site , What we need is a reset password for the "SECURE FOLDER" .or a work around to delete it.........................

0 Likes