Original topic:

Unable to reset password to secure folder

(Topic created on: 04-07-2023 06:54 PM)
Alex1515
Beginner Level 2
Options
Secure Folder
I have forgotten the password I set to my secure folder. When I attept to enter a password to reset my password, there should be a tab to reset my password, but there is not. How do I gain access to my secure folder. I do not care about the current contents of the folder, but I do need to reset or recover my password access it.
24 Comments
Azeazel
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

Funny how i  waited 60 minutes, tapped in an 8 digit number and an option appeared to uninstall , so I uninstalled it

0 Likes
MohELHADI
Beginner Level 5
Secure Folder

I think that we must go to the court because it did not give us an alternative or an update to the program and our files we thought they were protected and found them lost

0 Likes
Ppb_51
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

I would like to do the same 

I only use one password. never changed It's impossible for me to forget it. But they told me to delete that information. After trying many times The information in there for me is very important. There are many memories that I have to keep seeing to encourage me to continue living my life. If you want me to go to court somewhere, please tell me. I will go with you.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder

It's never happened to me, so I can't say for sure if this works.. but it's supposed to work. 

Enter the incorrect password, until you see "forgotten password", and see if you can access your data. I know that someone said it didn't work for them, but it is supposed to. 

Someone else posted that Clearing Cache, deleted their data, this is patently false. Clearing Cache will never delete data. 

0 Likes
rabbitsnfoxes
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

After much aggravation, a Samsung rep and I came up with factory resetting the phone.  I recall having to try to setup my phone when I first got it, and each time it prompted me to create a different code/pin for the Secure Folder (part of why I can't remember my pin).  So this should solve the issue because you now effectively reset the pin on the secure folder.  Factory resetting your phone isn't ideal, but it's a workaround.  Clearing the cache will delete the folder contents, - factory resetting the phone should not.

I agree with a previous commenter that this is excellent fodder for a class-action lawsuit since this has been an issue posted to this very same Samsung forum from at least as far back as 2022.

0 Likes