Original topic:

question

(Topic created on: 03-31-2021 04:11 PM)
Clover27
Active Level 1
Options
Smartthings
I want to use SmartThings to read qr codes but I can't figure out how. Also has it really turned into Quick Connect? 
0 Likes
7 Comments
Smartthings
Open Smartthings app → click + → Add device → QR code

You need to make sure the device has QR code.

Screenshot_20210331-173342_SmartThings_39855.jpg

Screenshot_20210331-173447_SmartThings.jpg

0 Likes
Clover27
Active Level 1
Smartthings
I don't need to do anything special to read qr codes?
0 Likes
Smartthings
No, if you follow my instruction, it opens up a QR code reader and scan the QR code. That's it.
Valeriya
Options
Smartthings

Hi Clover27, Please try the suggestions provided by Tallman. However, Please let us know the model number of your device for better assistance?

0 Likes
Clover27
Active Level 1
Smartthings
Sm-a520w
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Smartthings

Hi Clover27, If you are trying to invite a member using QR codes, please try below steps
navigate to and open the SmartThings app. Tap Menu (the three horizontal lines), and then tap the Location drop-down menu to find the location you would like the member to join. Tap Add (the plus sign), and then tap Member. Select a QR code and a barcode will appear. The invitee can then scan the QR code on their phone. They will need to navigate to SmartThings, and then tap Menu (the three horizontal lines). Next, they will need to tap Members, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Accept QR code invitation. From there, they can review the on-screen instructions and scan the code to become a member.

0 Likes
Clover27
Active Level 1
Smartthings
I'm not. I just want to scan qr codes in general
0 Likes