Original topic:

How to share via bluetooth?

(Topic created on: 08-14-2021 04:59 AM)
Addi
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey guys, I've a note 10+ with the latest updates and I was trying to share a file to a none samsung phone and was trying to share via bluetooth but I no longer have bluetooth as an option when sharing. Currently on Android 11 & One UI 3.1 I recall previously having the Bluetooth as an option to share. Am I missing something or is it just me? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
18 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

If you're using Samsung's My Files, Long Press on the file & at the bottom you'll see the "share" icon, click on it & then you'll see the share options pop up, scroll down until you see the Bluetooth Icon & click on it. 

13 August 2021 214357 GMT-0400.jpg

Screenshot_20210813_214723.jpg

Addi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hi which phone are you using and what's the OS & One UI version? I use to have all these options but no longer do. Please see attached.SmartSelect_20210814-074108_Android System_29441.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Galaxy S20 Ultra on One UI V3.1

Your Note 10 on One UI V3.1 should have the same "targets" to share files etc. I'm pretty sure that my S10+ had the same "targets" & it wasn't running the same Android version as I have now. 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Have you disabled any apps in Settings > Apps? It's possible that could have removed some of the options to share? 

It might seem a little drastic, but you could try a Factory Reset & see if you can get back the same options for sharing as before.

While maybe not as convenient, as previously posted, you could always send the file you want to share to your Cloud account & email the link to the person.

I'm sure that you know that Bluetooth requires the other device to be within Bluetooth range as well. 

Addi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Ye I have the other phone right beside me it's a 12 pro max. I tried the link sharing but video didn't play on the other phone. So I wanted to try Bluetooth to see if that would work.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Try using this app, "Feem" to transfer videos, files etc between your Note & the iPhone. You can transfer using WiFi.

https://mobiletrans.wondershare.com/iphone-transfer/transfer-video-from-android-to-iphone.html

Screenshot_20210814_081402.jpg

Addi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Awesome. Thanks I'll give it a try!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Hopefully it will solve your dilemma  🤞

Galaxy Note
Ha ha, iPhone is like builing a wall around itself. I remembered many years ago we sharing photos between friends, we all happy and laughing. But one of my friend sitting quietly. And we all realize that he is using iPhone and can't receive our files from BT 🤣😂.