Original topic:

Latest UI update to the Note 10+

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 12:42 PM)
yomamma1922
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Since the last UI update few weeks ago it has broken the Google Nest previews. Now when a notification comes in there is no longer a snipit of the it's notifying you of. You must now go to the Google Nest app to see. This also broke the Galaxy watch as well same thing. Notification but no snipit. This is my first Samsung in many years and I'm regretting it as I never had these problems with my pixel phones.
22 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi yomamma1922, Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I suggest you to perform wipe cache partition by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

- Turn off the device.

- Press and hold the Volume Up key and Power key.

- When the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo appears release all the keys.

- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.

- Press the Power key to select.

- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.

- When the "wipe cache partition" is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

- Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
yomamma1922
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I will try this shortly. are you saying this issue will be fixed once I clear cache?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks Tallman. 

Hi yomamma1922, Wiping the cache partition removes temporary files and logs and it is a good idea to wipe the cache partition after a successful system update. 

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
As keagan suggested, I also recommend do a wipe cache partition after software update.

- Shutdown your phone completely.
- Press and hold volume up and power key simutaneouly
- Keep holding until you are in Recovery mode
- Use Volume buttons to navigate
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition
- Press power key for OK
- Click Yes
- Click Reboot system now

After reboot, test your Nest again. I do have nest notifications thou. So you should have it as well.
yomamma1922
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Just tried these with no luck. I get the notification however no snipit. the notification will not pull down to reveal a snippet actually it won't pull down at all so it's just a plain notification. I'm telling you guys this was working prior to the new UI update.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Mine is working. See my screenshot. Are you talking about the picture preview?
0 Likes
yomamma1922
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
So yes it looks like your snap shot nos coming from the nest app. We should be able to pull the notification down from the phone screen without entering the Nest app.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
The notification is from Nest app. Sorry, I think I do not get what you mean. The app open itself up when motion detected. Also notification shows in notification area with preview.
0 Likes
yomamma1922
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Your are getting a preview in the notification area? Have you updated to the new UI? 2.5? I believe?
0 Likes