Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra VS. S20 Ultra Camera

(Topic created on: 08-19-2020 12:06 PM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey guys,

So since I own both devices, I decided to make a quick camera comparison before I sell off the S20 Ultra to see how they stack up against each other since they have fairly the same hardware.

The biggest difference I've found is the color reproduction. The Note tends to be on the warmer side while the S20 Ultra is colder. The minor differences I've seen is that the Note pulls a bit more light in for low light photographies. The Note also seems to be able to keep the natural colors more in nightmode. 

For now, when zooming in a lot, the Note is a lot more shaky than the S20 Ultra resulting in shots that looks a bit more blurry. Other than that, I think they're pretty much the same.

In the beginning, I was skeptical how the Note 20 Ultra hardware went down from 48mp to 12mp periscope lens and 40mp to 10mp selfie lens but now that I have both devices in hand, I can say that it's just numbers on paper. The performance is almost the same!

One thing's for sure, the S20 Ultra came a long way since release with autofocus capabilities. But the Note still has the edge because of the new module.

Let me know what you guys think 😊

P.S. sorry for my ugly **bleep** face in the selfies 😅

6 Comments
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the comparison. Seems like Note20U is better in low light.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
yep. it is
Galaxy Note
I did the comparison with Note10+. I found that N20U has lighter colour. Now checked with your comparison, Note20U has richer colour than S20U. That make Note10+ more rich colour than S20U.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
it's because Samsung used to over saturate the colors a lot. And more and more users are complaining that it's too much so they dialed it down a bit
Galaxy Note
Ahhh...I see. That's why Note20U more closer to DSLR now.
0 Likes
Rebekka
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Deeezzyyy,

Thank you for sharing the pictures by comparing both devices and the modes.