Original topic:

Contacts keep moving to trash without me deleting them

(Topic created on: 04-21-2022 02:41 PM)
saboorfm
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi

My contacts gets deleted and appear in trash. When I went to trash I recover them but again and again it gets deleted some of them not all of them. 
I don't know why because I don't even deleting it myself it gets deleted it self auto. 
Could someone please help if anyone experience the same it is so frustrating. I have to keep saving contacts again and again and even most of my contacts got deleted and it didn't go to trash. 😔
Please help. 

Thanks 😊 
40 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Where are you saving your Contacts?

I always have mine saved to my Google account & never, ever had any issues.

If you have them saved to your device, SIM, Samsung account or even a Carrier email, that could be the issue?

Anyway, if you don't have them saved to your Google account, try that and see. 

0 Likes
saboorfm
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It is saved in my Google account but still the same problem
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's possible that a 3rd party app may be causing the issue. 

Go to Settings > Apps & click on Gmail or any app that has access to your Contacts, then click on Permissions & Contacts. You'll have the option to see all other apps that have Contacts access permissions. Remove the permission from any apps that don't really need to access your Contacts, especially if you have any sketchy apps installed.

I'm almost positive that Samsung Moderators will tell you to try Wiping Cache, that's not likely to be helpful, but go ahead and do that if you're so inclined.

Worst case scenario, backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset.. but that shouldn't be necessary. 

maziar-naghipour
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

i have same problem by my galaxy A-71 and i don,t know what really i should do.

it's very annoying and i should go to my contact trash and recover my contacts sometimes . 

if i don't attention it for a month , more than 3000 'my contact numbers will be deleted.

saboorfm
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sure will try thanks much helpful information
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Or no one wants to talk to you? 😁😏🤣🤣 joking...
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi saboorfm, Please follow the steps given by RedDogRabbit to check for permissions in your apps that have access to your contacts and keep us posted if it worked for you.

VJn
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It doesn't work. The contracts end up in the BIN without any action by the user.
alisadat
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I have the same problem on Note 10.

Sync my contacts with Google and have WhatsApp and Telegram. 

Samsung, please give us a solution!