Original topic:

Defective Screen S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 03-25-2023 02:10 PM)
Mayochup
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I noticed a square mark on my S23 Ultra centered around the fingerprint sensor, more visible when screen is OFF. #Samsung reps are telling me "it's normal". Well guess what, IT IS NOT NORMAL. I paid for flagship phone not to get cheap faulty screen!

Does you phone have this too?

17 Comments
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
There is another fingerprint tech, the one Google uses for the Pixel phones. Those are indistinguishable but takes a little longer to detect fingerprints and flashes a bright light on the sensor. I prefer the one on the S23 better. Doesn't shine any light and snappier.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
It does but the angle and the exposure to light will show it..

Do the same with iPhone 14 Pro's dynamic Island and you'll see they pill is split in two and you'll see all the sensors
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I just got the S23 Ultra & checked mine. 

There's absolutely no trace of it being visible.

Screenshot_20231122_144335.jpg

Screenshot_20231122_144325.jpg

0 Likes
Members_2UzSaOk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

You cannot seen it easly .. u have to foucsed verry wel and isnt visible in all light bro

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Maybe nothing got captured in the photos, but there is absolutely nothing to see on my S23 Ultra, no matter what the angle or light... it is just NOT there. 

0 Likes
bouffedfg78
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Bonne journée.Claudia
0 Likes
Members_2UzSaOk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hii sir .. did you take him to technical support !! I have same i noticed it today .. is that normal or what !! Please just tell me @mayouchup

0 Likes
Felon57
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have noticed that box on my s23 Ultra too. It is visible when screen is off, but also visible when screen is on. Most of the times it is only visible when light shines on it directly, otherwise i didnt notice it in the first days i had the phone. My question is if you went to the store and looked at other models and saw it there too. I will go to my local store to and look at it if i get no reply.

0 Likes