Original topic:

How to always start rear camera when opening Camera app

(Topic created on: 10-25-2020 02:53 AM)
AlGore
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
How do I always get the Camera app to open with the Rear camera?  Often I go to quickly take a picture of something, but find that it's in selfie mode because a certain someone 😉 used my phone to take some selfish.  Often causes me to miss the moment that I wanted to capture.
19 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi AlGore, There is no such option available for the Camera app to do it. However, We are taking this as your suggestion. Thanks for providing your valuable suggestion and your suggestion is very important for us.

Brilee88
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

It's been almost 2 years. Any updates???

bourbsncoke
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I totally add my support to requesting this feature! When can we have it?😁

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
On the device im using...
-Open the camera app and set it how you like (see pics)
-then in the camera app, tap the cog (settings) button, top left.
-tap camera modes
-make sure keep using last mode is on 🤙👍
AlGore
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks, but that doesn't work. In the current version the Camera app, what you are suggesting is called "Settings to keep". On both of our versions what that does is allow the camera to remember the camera mode that we were using when last being used (Photos or Video or Panorama, etc) and reopen it in the same mode next time the Camra app opens. If that option is disabled, then the camera always opens in Photo mode. The problem I have is that there is no option to tell the Camera to always open with the rear camera no matter what camera was being used (like selfie camera) when the Camera app was closed. The curent version of the Camera app always opens with the last camera used, so in my case I often miss quick picture opportunities because when I open the Camera app it opens with the selfie Camera.
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi AlGore, Could you please let us know the model number and current android version of your device.

0 Likes
AlGore
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sorry, I missed this message. At the time it was an S21U. Still have the same problem with my S22 Ultra running OneUI 4.1 with the April 2022 security patch release.
0 Likes
ped5key
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thank Mytech!! Worked for me!

0 Likes
onlyonexbox
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I would also like to see this option. I want to choose what (rear/front) camera will open everytime the camera app launches. Thank you :)