Hi, please try the below steps and get back to us with the results.
If your phone is receiving an error that says moisture has been detected but your phone has not been exposed to water, there are a few explanations.
- It is possible that there is a software error or bug. A security patch may solve the problem. Try checking your phone for the latest software.
- If you live in a humid environment, it is possible that there is moisture buildup inside the charging port. Shake your phone to remove any excess water, and then let it sit for 1 to 2 hours, so the water can naturally evaporate. If the error message does not go away, try very carefully to clean the charging port with a dry Q-tip.
- If you need to charge your phone right away, use a wireless charger. Wireless charging is not affected by moisture or foreign materials in the charging port. If your device supports wireless charging, you can try charging it that way. Make sure to thoroughly dry the device before placing it on the wireless charger.
Note: If the popup does not go away, your phone will require service.
- Power off your phone
- Press and hold vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partotion
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system
Then test again and see if problem persist.
In addition to the other suggestions, you can try putting the phone in a baggy half filled with UNCOOKED rice overnight. 🤞
That may well be the case, but a baggy of rice is better than sending the phone to a Service center, or waiting for an update. If it works, great, if it doesn't cook the rice with your favourite meal.
I should also point out that I have the S20 Ultra, also on the July Security Patch Update, so it's definitely not a firmware update issue.
You might have a hardware issue, or even though you believe that there's no moisture, maybe you do, maybe you don't?
If it's a hardware issue, then your only options are;
* Try the rice.
* Backup with smart switch & factory reset.
* Send it for service.