Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung cloud to one drive

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 02:12 PM)
ClosestMoss2172
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Guys why the **bleep** should I transfer all of my Samsung cloud data to OneDrive??? For one Microsoft are all con artists, second they offer a worse plan, thirdly Samsung cloud has more storage and fourth can we even trust them with out private data? And if so then why isn't there an opt out program, I don't think I'll sign up for it. Does anyone have any words on the subject? I'd like to hear some opinions

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Because Samsung Cloud is being decommissioned as they are partner with Microsoft, therefore migrate to Microsoft OneDrive. 👈🏼 That's what I think.

View solution in context

Solution
Rebekka
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks, @Tallman.

Hi @ 672m, Tallman is right.

Samsung Cloud is being decommissioned as we migrate to Microsoft OneDrive. Depending on your device, you will be able to sync directly to OneDirve and link your Samsung Account with your OneDrive account to better manage cloud storage.

View solution in context

Solution
bixby_123
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
you can't trust Samsung either. once your data is on their servers they will probably try to sell it.

View solution in context

46 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
Because Samsung Cloud is being decommissioned as they are partner with Microsoft, therefore migrate to Microsoft OneDrive. 👈🏼 That's what I think.
Galaxy S
hmmm so will I lose all of my stuff?
Galaxy S
I thought it's future was uncertain they didn't confirm it's decommissioning did they?
Galaxy S
You have to keep existing cloud data less than 5GB since Microsoft only give 5GB free storage. Not like Samsung generosly giving us 15GB. If you need more from M$, pay for more space.
mefink86
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

i joined samsubh cause i needed the 15gb space and am severely low income. i feel our contracts with Samsung oyt being breached with this honestly. 

mefink86
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

yes this is the huge ussue for me. my promised plan and contract when i bought my samsung phone promised me 15gb of storage free! this isn't being upheld long term by samsung now. but they are contractually onligated to keep giving us the 15gb at no extra cost. One drive only has 5gb. i don't have the money or a bank card even so i depended soley on my samsung 15gb to survive tbh. i need the 15gb i was guarenteed as samsung customer. they are still contractually obliged to give me 15gb storage at no extra cost they cant just wipe away their promises to consumers by switching as far as im concerned they are legally obligated to pay for onedrive 15gb for us permanently or face criminal fraud and maybe even theft charges for this break of contractual obligation to their consumers period. Samsung is committing a crime!

0 Likes
mefink86
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

money i dont have. and my contract with samsung phone guarenteed I'd have 15gb free storage so this isn't legal of them to do plain and simple they are obligated to uphold their contractual obligations to give us 15gb free not just a year but as long as our contract remains active.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
yeah not to mention they're scamming people by giving them huge amounts of data only for one yesr
Galaxy S
just picture all the problems it could cause, imagine backing up your phone and finding out one day you've used 7 out of 5gb