Original topic:

screen wake Samsung messages

(Topic created on: 06-14-2020 03:16 PM)
mrultrad
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone. So whenever I get a message using the stock sms app the entire screen lights up. I do not want that to happen. How do I fix it to just show the sms icon on the AOD ?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks Tallman and gokongming.

Hi mrultrad, Please try the resolution provided by Tallman and get back to us if needed any help.

0 Likes
mrultrad
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
that resolution doesn't work. it lights up the display like an iPhone lights on with notification. Samsung messages is the only app that does this.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
That means you have no AOD on. It lights up your lock screen, is that right?
0 Likes
mrultrad
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
no not Facebook Messenger. I'm talking about Samsung messenger. the stock text app
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Do you have Always On Display enable?
0 Likes
mrultrad
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
yes I do. every other app shows the icon on AOD but the Samsung text app lights up the entire screen
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Sorry @mrultrad
I meant settings /notifications/see all/ tap most recent and change it to ALL, find and tap on messenges app/ both general notifications and new messages have a BLINK LIGHT TOGGLE 🤷
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
0 Likes
mrultrad
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I do not see any blink light toggle
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Seems like Samsung Message force to show on lockscreen. If you choose not to show on lockscreen, it won't light up your screen when new message arrive. But AOD will not show the icon due to no notification on lockscreen. So, if you want to see icon on AOD, you will see the screen light up. If you don't want to see the screen light up when new message arrive. Go to Settings→ Notifications → Recent app → Messages→ New Messages

Under Lockscreen. Choose Do Not Show Notification.

Now, when message arrive, you have sound and vibrate, but no icon.

You need to choose which method works better for you.
0 Likes