Original topic:

why trade in is a scam and you should stay away from it.

(Topic created on: 10-07-2022 01:03 PM)
shuhaib__
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

trade in in-fact is a scam to lure customers. i purchased a zfold 4 in august 2022 and applied for tradein on same day till now there is no update on the trade in. i called samsung and their trade in partner several times and they just don't care. I regret buying samsung devices going through the process. i had s22 ultra also and was thinking of buying odyssey ark too which I now drop the idea all together and will look for other monitors probably from apple. 
disgusting for a such a big company to scam its users in such a way. 🤡🌎

17 Comments
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Why didn't you assess the pros and cons before? Everyone says it's better to sell your old device yourself because you'll get more out of it. Don't blame Samsung but yourself.

shuhaib__
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

don't blame samsung? are you nuts. can you tell me genius guy why samsung offering trade in when they don't want to fulfil it. 

ILoveBalls
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

That is very true and accurate coming from someone who works in samsung Device Trade-ins department.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

In Canada, it is absolutely, ALWAYS better to sell your device privately vs trade-in in Canada.

The US does seem to have much better deals & values for used devices than we have here.

Not to mention the "adjusted" trade-in value that Samsung Canada gives you on your old device. This never happens with private sales. No shipping label nonsense, no surprises. 

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I just did 2 for the first time and it went super smooth..I guess I got lucky but the instructions were clear and I followed up at every stage and went without a hitch. Is it better to sell private, yes better value but depending on what the market is and what you selling..
Galaxy S
I'll second to that, I did a trade it for my mom's Active2 for the Galaxy watch 5 and it went pretty smooth as well. Not to mention this was my first time doing ANY trade in with ANY company because it's true, in Canada your much better selling your device privately then trading it in.
Oh also your asking why Samsung has offered the trade in option?
....umm because Samsung is a business and they look for ways to profit?
It's not a bad thing, some people just don't like to hassle with selling their devices privately.

It's the EXACT same thing when deciding to trade your vehicle in at the dealership or sell it privately.
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Third, I used the device trade for two watches (mine and wife), to get the Galexy5. Went smoothly without a hitch. The $100 Samsung top up made it worth while.
0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
We can understand your situation.
As beginner level 1 doesn't have access to DM and cannot share the details via DM.

We kindly request you to contact our Online shopping team.

So, they will help you with the details and trade in.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#contactinfo

0 Likes
Dinosaurus
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I tried to do a trade in but my S21plus was worth 0 dollars to Samsung so I sold it for 700$ then 3 months later I get an email from Samsung demanding $300 for the transaction. What an absolute joke
0 Likes