Original topic:

TAB A with really slow wifi connection

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 04:23 PM)
RJMaher78
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

Purchased a Galaxy Tab A tablet the other day.  The wifi connection on it was horrible (getting 0-3 Mbps when all other devices getting 25-30).  Took it back to the store and exchanged it.  New one has the same issue. I've factory reset it, I've reset the router, I've cleared cache on the wifi connection.  I don't know what else to do.  If I can't get a consistent connection to wifi it's no go good to me as I won't be able to stream or play games.  Anyone else have a similary issue or a suggestion? 

26 Comments
Tablets
Hi RJMaher, sounds like there is a huge interference in your house.

1. Wireless speed minimum already reach n standard, which means easily reach 300Mbps. But your normal speed is only 25-30Mbps, which means consider slow. Either your router has issue or your home full of interference.

2. 1st Tab A have problem, and you got 2nd new Tab A, still having same problem.

So, I have a feeling that your WiFi have some connectivity issue. Sounds like not the Tab A problem. Tab A support up to wireless N speed (Max 300Mbps).
0 Likes
Members_XOnCEMB
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

My Tab -A is doing the same. Was good till a few days ago di all the O.P did and bad download speed but upload was fine. I tested two other galaxy phones on wifi with data off and a laptop all getting over 100Mbps..

The only difference was a new modem with Wi-Fi 6 capability. surely a 2 year old tablet can work on that ?

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Hi @RJMaher78, 

I have the slowest connection frow Bell and i have a minimum of 72 Mbps on my Tab A so i think your problem is coming from your provider...Call them, i am sure the tablet is not the problem !

20191012_124806.jpg

0 Likes
Tablets
Hi Cassidy, I think RJMaher78 is having issue with WiFi, not the mobile data 😜
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Tallman
this is a picture FROM my WIFI connections, not mobile data but in Avast Speed Test, this is what i got, normally it's 16/11
is this what you want ?
0 Likes
Tablets
Oh...I thought Bell is provide mobile connection. But I guess you are using internet service from Bell. Yes, local network speed. 😄
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Tallman
I am with Bell for everything , TV, Internet, phone, Mobile
0 Likes
Tablets
👍🏼
0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Tablets
What band are you on for wifi? Also, what is the actual model of your Galaxy Tab A. The Galaxy Tab A 7" is not compatible with A/C. If your other devices are connected using a different wifi standard then the results you are getting would be different. I'd say definitely check your router/modem settings to see what its connected as.
0 Likes