Original topic:

Question...

(Topic created on: 11-10-2021 01:20 PM)
jillimartini
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I am wondering how to backup the Samsung Notes. It is not included in the list of apps that are backing up regularly. When my last Samsung phone died I lost all of my notes and there was no way to recover them later. Is there a way to manually make sure that they are being backed up? If so I can't find it I've looked on the app itself. I need help because I would die if I lost all those notes thanks in advance Jill
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

I think that Smart Switch backs up Notes, but if you want to be absolutely sure, you could always connect your phone to your computer & copy them to a new folder on your computer. 

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Hi @jillimartini
If you had enable the option to sync your Notes on Samsung's Cloud AND on Microsoft's OneNote you haven't loose your Samsung's Notes...
To get them , just connect yourself on www.outlook.com with your favorite browser and sign-in. It will bring you on the website of outlook (picture one) to retrieve ALL of your Notes there.. You need to stay on Browser... don't use outlook application...
When you are connected, click on the big N like on my printscreen and you will see your Notes there20211110_124517_40416.jpg20211110_124613_40417.jpg
garageninja
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
IF ONLY Notes and their "Folders" 📂 were REAL Folders and .snote files and stored in [Internal] --> Samsung Notes, the word would be a better place. I've written Samsung several times about this
0 Likes
DonnaJ78
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Why is samsung cloud going to stop working soon?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

I guess that Samsung thought it wasn't worth it for them, or they made a deal with Microsoft that was more in line with their objectives?

You can migrate what you have stored on Samsung Cloud to Microsoft's One Drive. 

0 Likes
Galaxy A
This is what I have done.

I enabled Sync with Samsung Cloud under Samsung Note settings. All your Notes will able to restore after factory reset or change phone.

But I also use SmartSwitch to do full backup every 2 months so that all my stuff can be restored without internet and I can pick what needs to restore.Screenshot_20211110-124413_Samsung Notes.jpg
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, as others mentioned, if you enabled Sync with Samsung Cloud under Samsung Note settings. You can restore all your Notes after a factory reset.

0 Likes
jillimartini
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I thought Smart Switch is used when you're transferring all the information to a new phone
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You can use Smart Switch to transfer your data etc to a new phone, or to backup your phone, or to even download OTA updates. 

I use the mobile version of Smart Switch to backup my device to the external sd card. 

0 Likes