Original topic:

Apple to provide iOS 14 to all devices running iOS 13.

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 07:24 AM)
ziom
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Today Apple announced that all devices running iOS 13, will receive iOS 14. That means that the original iPhone SE and iPhone 6s, will be on the latest iOS version.

By the time iOS 14 rolls around, those phones will be 6 generations old, yet Apple continues to support them. 

This would be the equivalent of the Samsung Galaxy S6 or Note 5, getting Android 10. 

All i want is to see Samsung at least give 3 years of Android release updates and 1 year of monthly security updates followed by quarterly security updates.

This is totally doable.

Let me know your thoughts.
11 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Absolutely nobody here will disagree with your request.
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Of course Samsung supporting their phones longer would be nice but the main problem is that they release way too many devices for it to be feasible.

I looked at their work scope and counted 115 devices currently being supported.

So unless Samsung slows down on new device releases I don't see their current update policy changing.
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
theres no reason any company especially Samsung couldn't support their top tier, so The S series Note series and fold series better, i don't think anyone means the mid to low range phones
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
@habsfan They sould support their flagships for longer especially since they over $1k in price.

Another problem is that there is a new Android version every year with mostly minor improvements from the last version.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
that would be a dream. now a days Samsung is asking crazy money for their devices that are basically high priced shelf items after 3 years. which is B.S in my mind.
Galaxy Note
Samsung doesn't care about their service quality as much as their profits. Really shameful.

The S9 series starting from March were supposed to get monthly security updates but they didn't get them till even June. Really incompetent of Samsung and now the S9 series are heading to their quarter Ly updates. We deserve those additional updates
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
loool Feb update in June on S9
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
the S9 already feels like it's on the quarterly updates a year early. 😪
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi@ziom, 

Thanks for sharing your suggestion and we will share it with our appropriate team.

0 Likes