Original topic:

Mobile hotspot connected without internet

(Topic created on: 06-24-2022 12:47 PM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
My spouse's phone S10 can't connect to my S21U internet via mobile hotspot. It keep saying "connected without internet". I've tried to follow tips from YouTube and forums by changing randomize MAC to phone MAC, as well as static proxy. Neither works. 

Most of the solutions are for home router, not for mobile hotspot. I also did tried to reset network, restart several times, nothing works. I have updated the systems to the latest, not helping at all. The word thing was, the phone can connect to hotel WiFi and other WiFi with no problem but not mobile hotspot. 

I heard this is Samsung's issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Don't think that it's a Samsung issue, unless it's a device specific problem. A friend of mine has a Note 10 and her device has no issues connecting to the Mobile HotSpot on my S20 Ultra.

I'm sure that you have already tried this, but if I'm connected to WiFi & I see "connected without Internet", what works for me is to just Toggle Off / On WiFi. Could probably also try Toggle On / Off Airplane Mode? 

0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yeah, I don't remember specifically but I read there are tons of complaints (last year?) about update that accidentally bugged users wifi connection before Samsung released another update to fix it.

I'll try your tips though. Thanks!
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
The wifi on-off and airplane mode on-off method didn't work. I'm so frustrated rn 😭
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I know that this suggestion is going to su*ck, but maybe a Factory Reset is the only thing left?

BUT before you do that, can other people's devices connect to the the HotSpot on your S21? Or can your wife's s10 connect (with internet) to another device, other than your S21? 

0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Just to confirm, does it happen with all Mobile hotspot (like different phones).
If possible, please try to connect to different phone and see if it works.

0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yeah, it works with different phone and the same phone previously before the recent updates from Samsung.
0 Likes