Original topic:

S10 5G screen locks automatically since Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 07-31-2021 01:55 PM)
HarryBatth
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,

I am new to the forum, My Phone S10 5G (Got it from US, but same as S10 linup in Canada), keeps locking the screen automatically and so randomly sometimes even twice within 10 seconds.

It all started after Android 10 update, now I am at Android 11 still I have this issue.

I have this issue from a long time (1-1.5 years), I just didn't know where to get support for such issue, till I found this community.

Any help in resolving the issue would be appreciated.
18 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Off hand, I'd try a few things. Booting into Recovery and wipe cache, if the issue still exists, Boot into Safe Mode and test. Still happening, I'd backup with Smart Switch & factory reset 🤞

HarryBatth
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for reply, tried removing the PIN and fingerprint, it works well without security. I will try what you said.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Let us know if it resolves the issue 🤞

HarryBatth
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Sure I will update
HarryBatth
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi RedDogRabbit,

I did the factory reset and the issue seems to be fixed now.

These bugs should be fixed by samsung via OTA updates, I mean that's the whole purpose of update, to fix bugs and here I am factory resetting my phone.

Thanks for all the help.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah I know that it can be frustrating, but good to hear that you have resolved the issue 👍

Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey HarryBatth,
Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada community.
Have you performed the wipe cache partition of the device as suggested by RedDogRabbit?
You can also select an option from the list available to increase the screen sleep time.
Go to settings >> Display >> Screen timeout >> Select an option from the available list according to your wish.
Thank you RedDogRabbit for your information.

HarryBatth
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi,

Yes I performed wipe cache partition, that didn't help, I did boot into safe mode, that didn't help.
I will perform factory reset and see if it works,

Issue seems to fix if I remove PIN, password and switch to none mode under security.

Screen timeout settings do not help, no matter if I select Immediately or after 30 minutes it still lock the screen down. It's a bug in the OS.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi HarryBatth,
Have you performed the factory data reset on your phone? If not please follow the steps below on your phone and get back to us with the results.
If you perform the factory data reset, it will give you as a new device by erasing all the device data.

Make sure to back up your device data by using the Smart Switch before hard reset, as it will erase all data. You may not be able to save the data if the screen is locked. Also delete all registered Google / Samsung accounts from the phone under Go to Settings >> Accounts >> Google or Samsung account >> Tap on your account >> tap 3 dots in the top right >> Delete account.
Smart switch transfers personal data as well as (contacts, timetables, memories, messages and call history) and photos, videos, alarms, favorites.

Preferences: you cannot transfer settings or data from the downloaded applications.

Procedure: 1. Download the Smart switch to the computer. Install it and restart the computer.
2. Open the Smart switch. Connect your mobile phone with the computer via a USB cable.
3. You can see the 'Save' option.

Here is the smart switch link: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-back-up-your-devi...

Please follow the Factory data reset steps on your device.
Go to settings>>Global management>>Reset settings>>Factory data reset>>Reset.

You have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.