Original topic:

Samsung pass says "device rooted"

(Topic created on: 09-22-2019 02:11 AM)
fliptopz
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Everytime i open the app it says my device is rooted. I never installed any custom firmware, nor modified my s8+ in any way. I also noticed samsung health and pay wont work anymore. Anyone with similar experience?
0 Likes
29 Comments
oomi1990
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

@shaggyskunk1 I tried resetting & wiping the cache but not able to Samsung Health & Pass app to work, I did had rooted my S21 Ultra but later I completely removed Canary Magisk & locked the bootloader.

Please help. 

0 Likes
fliptopz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
update: a firmware update was out today and it fixed everything! it was a bug after all!!
0 Likes
RaduCable
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the exact same problem on my Galaxy S8. I do not want to factory reset my phone or re-flash it, since I have too much content on it.

What other solutions are there? What is the official fix from Samsung?

0 Likes
Dhiman
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
  • Hello fliptopz, can you please tell me, how you install the new firmware??? OTA UPDATED or by Odin?? Please reply
0 Likes
Mmnjrzdgn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same problem with "0×04" error.

Can I fix it or...?

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK or you will be flooded with ads and might even get pop-up ads on your phone all the time. I repeat, DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK. This person is only trying to make money from S Members with stolen content. Don't reward this shameful behavior.
0 Likes
penticton
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Obviously some app you played around with attempted to make changes which triggered your KNOX.
Your device may not be rooted at all but the system THINKS the attempt was made.
whether it was or not only you know.
0 Likes
Galaxy S

I rooted before, why does he say?
Your device is rooted. Samsung pass cannot be used on rooted devices due to security reasons

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Now without root and I worked software

0 Likes
Galaxy S
0 Likes