Original topic:

What phone case are you all currently using?

(Topic created on: 10-19-2019 04:01 PM)
seobro
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Just a curious question. I've seen some users completely rock their phone caseless and some who have never gone a day without one. I know someone who has 7 different cases! They love their phone, haha...

So with that in mind, what kind of cases do you guys use and is there a specific reason why?
0 Likes
27 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

V. Lee or Vic20 it's probably you who wrote this on Amazon :

I've also dropped my Note 10+ 3-4 times (with a UAG Monarch case). No issues with this combo protecting my phone and it works well. If you can get past the cheap tray breaking, the glass works great with the FP scanner. Also, you can still install the protector without the tray, but it will require more patience and preparation.

Can you give me the link for the video installation, i did'nt found it ...Does the glass seems strong  ? Did you ever have a Whitestone dome glass before to compare ?

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
@Cassidy

Here's the official product page with links to their manual and installation video:
https://techmatte.com/Note10-UV

Glass seems comparable to Dome glass. The only difference is the amount of UV dots on the glass (amFilm has more UV dots compared to Whitestone). They can be seen under certain angles and if you know where to look. Otherwise they're not noticable.

I had the Whitestone on the Note 8 and still going strong and never replaced since launch. The amFilm is still going strong on my Note 10+. Despite having botched the install due to the tray breaking when the adhesive was spreading. It's a millimeter off the top of the screen. So there is a rainbow line where it sits. Not bothering me so I didn't bother removing and reapplying it.

Now here is where I applaud Techmatte. I contacted them about the broken tray. They responded quickly and offered me a one time only refund on my purchase due to it That was basically their warranty to me being outside the US. So I got the whole kit free (didn't have to return it) and can't really complain.

Overall, still quite impressed with the protector. FP scanner is still working okay. Though it does have some times where it can't seem to recognize my print. But that seems to be an issue with all similar protectors.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Thanks for the link but for a Note 10+ the link is https://techmatte.com/Note10P-UV

On that page you can see 100 reviews for this product on Amazon.com.

The positive thing is the After sale service that seems excellent and the negative thing seem the installation tray too fragile who broke during installation...not good for the phone.. you were lucky then the glue don't obstruct speakers or else....difficult choice to do...but thanks again for the link

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you both for your in depth reviews and input 😉🤙👍
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I'm rocking s10+ with no screen protector and an otterbox deffender case, I've been using these cases since my first smart phone (iphone 4) and I'll always go with them as they're really durable and usually really great quality, they do however tend to add alot of bulkiness and weight to the phone but it protects well, just wish the factory screen protector worked with it, and I wish otterbox still had the built in screen protectors :) also another downside if you go with the defender series of otterbox is price, money cost me $79.99+12% tax (montiba) so paid $92, but most definitely worth it
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Just some clear cases, so I see that good looking back.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
@Cassidy

I installed an InvisShield on my brother's Note 8. No tray involved just protector and adhesive application. Strictly eyeballing and using painter tape to mark border where the glass should sit and block off buttons, speaker, etc. As long as the adhesive is not fully cured, you can still do a good cleanup if the adhesive spread too much. It's gunky and messy though, but with patience, it'll come off.

When the tray broke on mine it shifted the glass off the top by a millimeter. It also caused the adhesive to spread over the S Pen slot. I did a partial cure and basically went over it with alcohol to remove the excess spillage. It wasn't as bad, but did take time and patience to get the excess off.

I also adapted my own method to apply it. Didn't bother with sticking the plastic sheet backers on my Note 10+. I just placed them underneath and used them to level the phone on my desk. I also had it on top of a scrap microfibre cloth so if spillage occurs, easy cleanup. Prevents any of that gunky, messy adhesive going on the desk.

As long as you got the patience and understand the steps involved, etc. you should be fine. I do recommend that after first initial cure and you notice some partial adhesive spilled out. Don't try picking/taking it out. It'll increase the chances of peeling out part of the adhesive already under the glass. Use alcohol and go over it. It'll dissolve and allow for a better clean up. Once that is all done, do the final cure.
0 Likes
RossB
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
beetle pro note 9
0 Likes