Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra - Cameras

(Topic created on: 08-20-2020 04:52 PM)
Tallman
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi guys, playing with my camera lens. Here is what I found. I tried to cover each lens and see which scale using which lens. Here is what I found.

0.5x to 0.9x (Top lens)
1.0x to 4.9x (Middle lens)
5.0x to 9.9x (switch between bottom & middle lens)
10x to 50x (Bottom lens)

You will see the change between 4.9x to 5.0x. Probably lens switching. All colours, light are suddenly changed. I attached a screen capture on doing the test from 0.5x to over 10x

22 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Hey Tallman

Not sure but half of the video is  red like this :...is this because you have your hands in front of the cameras ?

Screenshot_20200820-195634_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
LOL, I use red pocket to cover the lens. 🤣😂
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
The switch between the middle (main 108MP) and bottom (5x periscope) lens is very likely due to the periscope lenses extremely small aperture. At f3, it's very small and will struggle to capture enough light. That technique was used in the past too, as it turns out the main camera would yield better results (especially those with a variable aperture on the S9/Note10 and in between.)
Galaxy Note
But the switch is not obvious on Note10+.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

That's what I was thinking as many other dual cameras do that as well.

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Tallman, 

Thanks for providing a detailed description of the camera lens. Hope that it will be helpful for the community members.

Galaxy Note
Haa Ha, I am still exploring my phone. 😆😆😆
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Well yeah, the Note10+ has a f2 aperture. And the switch between 1x/5x is far more significant than 1x/2x
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I haven't figured out how to switch the lens..
0 Likes