Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Note series

(Topic created on: 08-21-2020 05:00 PM)
Cprice
Options
Galaxy Note

Now that the Samsung Note 20 series has launched, let's take a look back at the models that came before that lead up to the Note 20 series.

In 2011 Samsung launched the first Note device, considered to be a phablet because of it's size at the time. First phone to ever have a stylus.

NoteNote

Specs:

• 5.3" Super AMOLED display
  • Snapdragon S3/Exynos 4 chipset
  • 1GB RAM
  • 2,500mAh battery

In 2012 the Note II was born which introduced the split-screen feature, allowing to display 2 apps simultaneously on the screen and the Air view feature which allowed to preview content by hovering the S Pen.

Note 2.jpg

Specs:

• 5.5" Super AMOLED display
  • Snapdragon 600/Exynos 4412
  • 2GB RAM
  • 3,100mAh battery

In 2013 came along the Note 3/Note 3 Neo, the device was meant to target enterprise and business users. The design was change to make it more appealing with it's faux leather rear cover.

Note 3.jpg

Specs:

• 5.7" Super AMOLED display
  • Snapdragon 800/Exynos 5 Octa
  • 3GB RAM
  • 3,200mAh battery

The Note 3 Neo was a toned down version of the Note 3.

Specs:

• 5.5" Super AMOLED display
  • Snapdragon 400/800/Exynos 5 Hexa
  • 2GB RAM
  • 3,100mAh battery

In 2014 the Note 4 arrived on the scene, it was the first globally available Samsung device with a Quad HD Super AMOLED display and metal frame.

Note 4.jpg

Specs:

• 5.7" Super AMOLED display
  • Snapdragon 805/Exynos 5 Octa
  • 3GB RAM
  • 3,220mAh battery

Also in 2014 we saw the Note Edge, similar in specs as the Note 4 but had 1 major difference, a usable curved edge screen. The Note Edge was one of the first phones to ship with a curved display.

Note Edge.jpg

Specs:

• 5.6" Super AMOLED display
  • Snapdragon 805/Exynos 5 Octa
  • 3GB RAM
  • 3,000mAh battery

In 2015 the Note 5 came with lots of improvements, faster processor and the all around look of the device was changed, it was an all glass and metal design. Sadly it lost it's Micro SD and removable battery.

Note 5.jpg

Specs: 

• 5.7" Super AMOLED
  • Exynos 7 Octa
  • 4GB RAM
  • 3,000mAh

In 2016 The Samsung Note 7 had major issues due to faulty batteries which caused the phone to explode (KA-BOOM!!!). The Note 7 was recalled, but like a phoenix from the ashes the phone returned in mid-2017, the refurbished Note 7 was called The Note 7 Fan Edition.

Note 7.jpg

Specs:

• 5.7" Super AMOLED
  • Snapdragon 820/Exynos 8890
  • 4GB RAM
  • 3,500mAh

In 2017 the Note 8 was Samsung's comeback from the Note 7 fiasco, the Note 8 underwent various battery safety checks. The Note 8 also introduced Samsung Dex and the first Note device to feature 2 cameras, a 12MP primary camera and a 12MP telephoto lens.

Note 8.jpg

Specs:

• 6.3" Super AMOLED
  • Snapdragon 835/Exynos 8895
  • 6GB RAM
  • 3,300mAh

In 2018 we saw the Note 9, with a bigger battery deemed the all day battery. Samsung Dex was also able to be used without the use of a dock. The S Pen came with expanded Bluetooth capabilities.

Note 9.jpg

Specs:

• 6.4" Super AMOLED
  • Snapdragon 845/Exynos 9810
  • 6/8GB RAM
  • 4,000mAh battery

In 2019 the Note 10 series was launched, first time a Note series came in 2 versions, the Note 10 and the Note 10 Plus, a big and a smaller one. The phone was first to feature an Infinity-O display with a selfie camera cut out.

Note 10.jpg

Specs: (Note 10+)

• 6.8" Optic AMOLED display
  • Snapdragon 855/Exynos 9825
  • 12GB RAM
  • 4,300mAh

Specs: Note 10

• 6.3" Full HD display
  • Snapdragon 855/Exynos 9825
  • 8GB RAM
  • 3,000mAh

And now in 2020 the Note 20 series (2 versions) has launched, a bold new look. The introduction of 120Hz refresh rate and S Pen latency has been brought down.

Note 20.jpg

As for the specs, pretty sure they are still very fresh in your minds.

8 Comments
Galaxy Note
ahh memory lane!! I loved the faux leather back on the Note 3 this is why I always get the leather cover for my device. thanks for sharing and if anyone wants to go down memory lane for the galaxy devices, take a look at my post below :)

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/Evolution-of-Samsung-s-Over-the-Horizon/td-p/6289974
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hey @SnowCat19, stop trying to highjack my thread 🤣, I checked your post, I give it 👍🏾👍🏾
silbie123
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Oooooh thanks for the share! I remember I loved really loved my note 4! Passed it down to my mom who used it forever. 😂😅
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
This is great to see the Samsung's Note evolution
0 Likes
TheApostle
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Great post, my first note device was the note 8 and I enjoyed using that device. sticking with the note series going forward
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
lol **bleep**. trip down memory lane. I had the note 2, 3, edge, 8, 9, 10+ and now 20 Ultra. I think... I'm a note fan 🤣
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi 

0 Likes
flashback
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Great job
0 Likes