Original topic:

S21 ultra update failed

(Topic created on: 01-27-2023 06:02 AM)
Jfsavard
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Ive just realise that my phone have mot update since i got it. Im still on Android 11. Whenever i try to update, i got an error at 25% and a message on reboot "failed to install". I tryed every recommandations fund on internet. Ex. With smartswitch, factory reset, ect. Ive found the warranty to be past due on august 2022. But the problem was there before that. Can Samsung help me with that? 
0 Likes
8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What is the exact model number of your device, as seen in About Phone, Software Information? 

What country are you in? 

Your device should be running One UI V5.0. 

0 Likes
Jfsavard
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
One Ui is 3.1, im in Canada and my model is SM-G998W
0 Likes
Jfsavard
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
One Ui is 3.1, im in Canada and my model is SM-G998W
0 Likes
Jfsavard
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Software infoScreenshot_20230127-010454_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Do you have a solid WiFi, or Cellular Data connection? 

You can try going to Settings > Apps Toggle ON "Show System Apps" middle right click on "OK" and Search for Software Update.

There should be two of these System Apps. Click on each one & Scroll down to "Storage" Clear BOTH Cache & Data for each & Reboot. 

Go to Settings > Software Update & check to see if you can Download the update now.

If you still can't, Download & install Smart Switch on both your phone & computer > Connect your phone to your computer & in Preferences in Smart Switch on your computer, I think it's Download updates & see if you can get your phone updated using Smart Switch.

If it still fails, you can try a Factory Reset, but you may need to visit a Samsung Service Centre to get it checked out by a tech. 

This is pretty strange all things being equal. 

I know that you said you already tried a Factory Reset & Smart Switch, but last resort is visiting a service center, so worth trying again. 

You could also contact your Carrier, Telus and ask them if there's a reason why you can't update your device. 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

Jfsavard
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you for your respond. I tryed clearing data and cache and it did not work. I already tryed all ither option several time. I did show up in a service centre and the guy said he didnt know what to do.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

From Settings > Apps the two Software Update System Apps?

I'm not talking about Wiping Cache & Data from Recovery. 

Screenshot_20230127_094250.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_094310.jpg

Seriously the guy at the Samsung Service Centre didn't know what to do?

You could download the Firmware to your computer using Frija & Manually Flash it with Odin, but the Service Centre should absolutely know how to do that..

Also, if you go to Settings > About Phone > Status Information can you post a screen shot of this?

Screenshot_20230127_105950.jpg

0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we appreciate your efforts in performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

As the issue is still not resolved, we kindly request you to try submitting an error report through the Samsung Members app.

Attaching a log file will help greatly in analyzing the cause of the issue.

We will send a response through Samsung Members.

Tap and hold on Samsung Members Icon and tap on Error report >> select the category from the below >> Describe the issue and check the option "send system log data" then send.

0 Likes