Original topic:

samsung music player ads?

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 04:38 PM)
samsugi
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
It has come to my attention that the app now has ads. **bleep** $2k for a phone so you can push ads. And now i hear ne UI 2.5 is going to have ads on the lock screen. Has samung lost its mind. ?  Iphone is starting to look better by the day. No ads in their apps esim works. 
18 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Can you please post a screenshot of the app displaying those ads? Not just the ads, everything.

But yeah, unfortunately Samsung has been adding ads to their apps since a while. Those awful and useless banner ads are disgusting. We do not pay premium prices for them do double dip!
samsugi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
CHMultimedia
you forgot to give him a like 👍
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S

I just looked in my Samsung music app and I have absolutely Zero adds so am guessing it is something else you have installed that is causing the adds.

As for One UI 2.5 putting adds on the lock screen I have seen articles today saying it will happen and saying it won't happen so time will tell about that but for now I see none in Samsung Music app

0 Likes
samsugi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
in the latest update. under tracks
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
What the actual what?!?!?!? That's too far! Maybe a banner for Spotify would be tolerable and mildly relevant, but this is simply unacceptable. Uninstall the app right now and use a previous version. Or quit using S Music even. And reconsider your next phone company because that's only the beginning, especially with the OneUI 2.5 rumours of bringing more ads than you can digest.

I am happily running a very old version before it was OneUI-ified. It works perfectly and looks better and has zero such stupid and absurd annoyance.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I just updated my Samsung Music from Samsung Galaxy Store. Luckily NO ADS!!

*Phew* You guys scare me 😓😂🤣
0 Likes
samsugi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
tallman put in on "tracks" and wait 10sec.. i had downgrade mine to .19 version
0 Likes
Galaxy S